Legion Market scheduled for February 12
PENDLETON – Pendleton Legion Post 117 is planning a farmers market from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 12.
There will be at least 15 booths, including several operated by those who attend the Falls Park Summer Market.
The Legion will be selling cookies and gravy with coffee, juice and soft drinks available.
The event will take place indoors and will be open to the public.
The position is located at 611 W. State St.
Call 765-778-7661 for details.
Gallery 119 offers art classes
PENDLETON – Gallery 119 of the Pendleton Artists Society offers regular art classes.
The next courses are:
• Decorative Clay Class with Pam Rowley — 1 to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 29. Participants will make a deco clay mirror accent piece to use on the table or wall. This is a beginner’s course. The colors of the project are chosen by the student during the course. Cost is $50 with all supplies and tools provided. 12 years and over.
• Oil Painting with Katy Burke — 9 am to 3 pm Wednesday, February 2 (with a break for lunch). Participants will paint a seascape in oil. The course is $55 with supplies provided. Those with their own supplies (paints and brushes) pay $45. The canvas is provided.
• Pottery Classes for Adults with Janae Ledbetter — four classes, 10 am to noon on February 2, 9 and 16, final glazing date to be announced. Participants will have three classes to create a wind chime with a design of their choice. The cost is $120.
• Pottery Exploration with Janae Ledbetter — 6:30-8:30 pm February 2, 9 and 16, with final glazing date to be announced. The cost of $120.
• Kids Class with Katy Burke — 9:30 to 11:30 am on Saturday, February 12. Participants will have the chance to weave their own wall hanging. The cost is $10 per child. The limit is eight students.
• Decorative clay class with Pam — 10 am to noon on Saturday, February 12 (12 years and up). Attendees will have the opportunity to learn how to make Valentine’s Day Gnomes using Deco Clay. This is a beginner’s course. Cost is $50 and includes all supplies and tools.
• Watercolor with Judy Crist — 9 am to noon on Saturday, February 19. Participants will paint a “winter barn” in watercolour. The cost is $45.
Children’s Art Classes — 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. the second Saturday of each month. Each class will be different and taught by different teachers. Each class is independent and will need its own registration. The class for each month will be announced on the PAS website.
Registration for classes can be made at the Gallery, 119 W. State St., Pendleton; by phone at 765-778-0986 during regular business hours, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; or online at PASgallery119.org/events.
The outfitter’s gala is coming up
PENDLETON — Outfitters Masquerade Ball, a fundraiser for the local charity to benefit families in the South Madison School District, will take place at 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 26 at the Embassy Suites in Noblesville.
The annual event, now in its 15th year and was virtual last year due to COVID-19, is returning in person to the Waters Ballroom, where the event was held in 2019 and 2020.
This year’s event, which includes a cake auction, features a seated dinner (short ribs plus pan-fried salmon or chicken), silent and live auctions and dancing with live music, provided by The Flying Toasters. There will be a VIP experience that will include an exclusive euchre tournament, which will take place from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Other features of the evening include a photo booth and professional photographer for official red carpet photos.
Tickets are $65 each. Tables for up to eight people, or 10 by special request, cost $600.
For more details, visit outfittersclothes.org, email [email protected] or call 765-623-2068.